Saturday, April 24, 2021

Happy Birthday

This blog is one year old today.  Happy birthday!  One full year of speculating about the new world, after the end of COVID.  

If I had speculated, early on, about how long I would have to be writing about the new world, my range of guesses would not have included one full year.  One year would have been out beyond the edge of probability.

The only wisdom I have to distribute on this august occasion is that reading from the beginning is instructive.  It is reading history, and it provides a sobering account of how naïve we all were.  That's what history does.

As far as I can tell, we're no wiser about the new world today than we were one year ago today.  This, as you might imagine, is pretty discouraging.  

Onward.   

No comments:

Post a Comment